Please note that Arapahoe Basin is closed starting March 15, 2020 for an undetermined amount of time. Arapahoe Basin's Early Riser parking lot is home to a stretch of prime real estate known as "The Beach." The Beach backs up to the three lower mountain chairlifts and is the perfect spot to kick back between runs with family and friends. |
Due to its popularity, the Beach fills up fast. There are generally 10-15 spots available for reservations (dependent on snow conditions at the base); the rest are first-come, first-serve. Space #1 is closest to the Black Mountain Express Chair, the Mountain Goat Plaza base area, restrooms and Food and Beverage services. Space #15 is closest to the Molly Hogan Chair with easy access to the Pallavicini chair. Each spot has room to park two vehicles and comes with a picnic table. The calendar will refresh after you change your Beach Space # selection.
Beach Rules & Regulations
- All commercial activity is prohibited by the U.S. Forest Service and Arapahoe Basin. You may not charge for anything at your spot or sell anything on The Beach. Any promotional activity (including giveaways) MUST have prior approval from Arapahoe Basin. Inquiries regarding promotional activity must be submitted at least 72 hours in advance of your event.
- The use of marijuana is prohibited at Arapahoe Basin. It is illegal to use marijuana in public in the state of Colorado, and it is also illegal to use marijuana on Federal lands (A-Basin leases all of its land, including the parking lots and The Beach, from the U.S. Forest Service).
- You must leave your beach spot by 6:00 p.m. when the parking lot gate is locked.
- No overnight parking or camping at The Beach or in any of the A-Basin parking lots. Any vehicles left overnight will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Please use the recycling containers for aluminum cans and plastic bottles. There is NO GLASS allowed on The Beach. Whatever you cannot fit in the trash, please pack out!
- All dogs must be on a leash and cannot be left unattended. Please clean up after your dog.
- Please keep your music family-friendly and at a reasonable level as to not disturb those around you.
- Beach space reservations accommodate TWO PASSENGER CARS ONLY. Once your two spots are full, your guests will need to find parking elsewhere in one of our lots.
- LARGE VEHICLES: charter buses, trailers, RVs and vehicles over 20 feet are NOT permitted in our parking lots without advance written permission from Arapahoe Basin.
- Make sure that cars with your provisions arrive early to park near your Beach spot in Early Riser; we cannot accommodate extra vehicles once the lot is full. Please let your guests know this beforehand to avoid confusion.
- The Beach is located next to an ambulance egress and your party and/or vehicles may NOT block this lane in any way.
Prohibited ItemsArapahoe Basin management reserves the right to prohibit items from The Beach including but not limited to:
- Glass of any kind
- Charcoal grills
- Open fires
- DJs or bands
- Stages, hot tubs, house furniture, other structures
- Paint or markings on the snow surface
- Illegal drugs (it is against Colorado law to use marijuana in public and it is illegal on USFS land)
Cancellation PolicyBeach Spaces are non-refundable if cancelled inside 14 days of your reservation.
Leave No TraceArapahoe Basin strives to be kind to and maintain our pristine mountain environment. We have waste and recycling receptacles throughout our parking lots and base area, as well as compost receptacles in the A-Frame if you wish to participate in our food composting program. Please pack out large trash items.
Checking InWhen you arrive at the Early Riser lot, you can tell any Base Area employee your name or the name the Beach space is reserved under, and we'll open up your spot. You can also swing in to the Season Pass Office from the admin lot.
Your Card Number can be found in the highlighted areas below: